You’ve invested a lot of time and money into straightening teeth
so let’s keep them that way! If retainers are part of your treatment, follow these simple rules to take care of them:
- Wear them!
- Take them out when eating and store them in their case until after your meal. (Most retainers are lost in school lunchrooms or restaurants.)
- Clean thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and warm (not hot) water.
- Always store retainers in their case.
- Practice speaking, reading or singing with your retainers in to get used to them faster.
- Retainers are breakable so treat them with care. If you break or lose one, call us immediately to get a replacement.
- If your retainers need adjusting, call us. Do not try and adjust them yourself.
- Always bring your retainers to your appointments.
- Keep retainers away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, the washing machine, napkins and curious pets.
Don’t Take Our Word For It – See Why Our Patients Say we’re “The Baum” at Baum Orthodontics:
“I will be bringing all of my kids here. What an amazing place. Super awesome staff that is always smiling and always friendly. Dr. Baum really cares about everyone that walks through his door.”
“I love love love this place! Dr Baum is amazing… He is always in a good mood and ready to help. From the initial consultation… to ensuring patient satisfaction, they are truly the best! Thank you Dr Baum and team!!!”
“Dr. Baum’s office is the bomb…literally. The office is very fun and engaging for kids and teens like me! Dr.Baum never ceases to amaze me, so keep doing what you guys are doing.”
“Wow. What an experience! Love everything about Dr. Baum and his amazing staff! It actually makes the process of getting braces super fun and something to look forward to! And the point system is super cool (second to the candy jars of course). ”